BS 9997: 2019 Fire Risk Management Systems (FRMS) Internal Auditing
Our BS 9997 internal auditing course will enable you to conduct effective internal audits of fire risk management systems (FRMS). It will help you to understand the requirements of the BS 9997 standard, the benefits a FRMS can bring to a business and will address common terms/definitions.
BS 9997: 2019 – Internal Auditing Training £695 + VAT
The course examines fire risk assessment and appropriate UK legislation. You will also be shown the role of internal auditors and their relationship with other management activities. This very participative course includes exercises and other accelerated learning techniques help consolidate the tutorial elements. This course is based on the requirements of BS 9997: 2019.
BM TRADA can also offer in-house and remote training courses. To discuss your requirements, please contact us on: +44 (0) 1494 840774 or contact us.
Please contact us regarding availability of dates.
BM TRADA, Chiltern House, Stocking Lane, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP14 4ND
You should attend this course if:
- You are preparing to implement a fire risk management system
- You are involved in preparing your organization for an assessment
- You have recently taken on a fire risk management role
- You are a member of an internal audit team.
What will you learn?
- Introduction to 9997 and fire safety and risk management in the built environment
- Purpose and benefits of FRMS and common terms.
- Requirements of BS 9997 and demonstration of compliance
- Fire risk assessments in organizations
- UK legislation appropriate to FRMS
- An introduction to planning, conducting and reporting an internal audit (including raising non-conformities)
- Audit follow-up and corrective action
- Scenario analysis to consolidate learning
What Will You Learn?
This informative course will cover many aspects of the BS 9997 framework, including:
- The purpose and content of BS 9997: 2019 and the relevant legislative framework
- The role of an auditor/lead auditor in accordance with ISO 19011, interpreting the requirements of BS 9997: 2019
- General principles of fire risk assessment
Before this course you will need to have successfully completed an accredited Lead Auditor course for example CQI IRCA ISO 9001.
You should also be competent in auditing process based management systems.
Previous experience within the fire / fire protection sector is beneficial but not essential
BS 9997 trainer
Training Terms and Conditions
Read the Training Terms and Conditions.
Download our current Training Course Directory to discover more about our wide range on offer.
Articles and Blogs
Access our library of technical articles and blogs to help you better understand our services and how we can help you.