£895 + VAT non-residential
Duration - Two days
BM TRADA offers a FSC® chain of custody lead auditor course as part of our Chain of Custody (CoC) suite of training.
BM TRADA is an ASI Approved Training Provider click here for more details.
This ASI Approved course will equip sustainability professionals with the required knowledge to promote or implement an FSC sustainable forestry supply chain system.
It meets the requirements for the first stage in becoming a certified auditor for the FSC CoC system.
Recent comment from a workshop delegate:
''Just a short note to give you feedback on how enjoyable I found the course last week…seldom have I attended a training course where the trainer is so approachable. The tutors knowledge was first class and the way he put it over was superb. The format was just right too. I could tell a lot of thought had gone into it. I would guess that the longest we ever sat in front of the screen was 30 minutes. You mixed it up well – slides, exercises, games – which made the learning fresh and interesting.''
Book a place or to make an inquiry call us on:
+44 (0) 1494 569 750 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the training course booking form and return it to us.
- 4-5 February 2020, High Wycombe
- 19-20 May 2020, High Wycombe
- 4-5 August 2020, High Wycombe
- 10-11 November 2020, High Wycombe
FSC Chain of Custody Lead Auditor training course
The Course is a combination of E-learning and classroom and includes:
- The history, objectives and structure of FSC and its relationship with stakeholders
- Roles and responsibilities in certification according to FSC’s normative documents
- Overview of FSC’s normative system and its structure and the requirements of FSC STD 40-004
- Sourcing of reclaimed material
- Group and multi-site certification
- Controlled wood, and credit and percentage system application
- FSC Project Certification
Delegates are assessed throughout the course and a two hour open book examination takes place at the end of the second day.
The course includes seminars, exercises, case studies and presentations. The course is conducted in English.
Full competence in English, written and spoken is an essential requirement.
Who should attend the FSC course?
- Sustainability professionals within the timber or timber product industries
- Personnel employed at sites looking to apply the FSC CoC Standard
- Those seeking accreditation as an FSC CoC auditor, consultant or trainer
- People managing sustainable supply chains interested in working with their suppliers to implement a forestry chain of custody system
- Have attended a recognized lead auditor course
- Completed Module one – Background to FSC and CoC certification (approx. five-six hours):
- Completed Module two – Guidelines for the correct use of trademark and logo regulations, including the FSC on-line course (approx. two hours)
- Read Getting Started with CoC – Book provided.
- Read the appropriate FSC standards.
Chain of Custody Training
CPD and ASI approved lead auditor, auditor conversion and internal audit training.
BM TRADA provides a range of training courses. Our training portfolio includes timber, fire, management systems, chain of custody, sustainable supply chain and business training.
Download our Training Booking Form.
Download our current Training Course Directory to discover more about our wide range on offer.
Training Terms and Conditions
Read the Training Terms and Conditions.
Articles and Blogs
Access our library of technical articles and blogs to help you better understand our services and how we can help you.