£845 + VAT non-residential
£1045 + VAT residential
Duration - two days
BM TRADA offers an FSC® lead auditor course as part of our Chain of Custody suite of training.
BM TRADA is an ASI Approved Training Provider click here for more details.
This ASI Approved two-day course will equip sustainability professionals with the required knowledge to promote or implement an FSC sustainable forestry supply chain system. It meets the requirements for the first stage in becoming a certified auditor for the FSC Chain of Custody system.
Book a place or to make an inquiry call us on:
+44 (0) 1494 569 750
- 4-5 February 2019, Riga, Latvia
- 19-21 February 2019, High Wycombe
- 21-23 May 2019, High Wycombe
- 13-15 August 2019, High Wycombe
- 5-7 November 2019, High Wycombe
The Course is a combination of E-learning and classroom and includes:
- The history, objectives and structure of FSC and its relationship with stakeholders
- Roles and responsibilities in certification according to FSC’s normative documents
- Overview of FSC’s normative system and its structure and the requirements of FSC STD 40-004
- Sourcing of reclaimed material
- Group and multi-site certification
- Controlled wood, and credit and percentage system application
- FSC Project Certification
Delegates are assessed throughout the course and a two hour open book examination takes place at the end of the second day.
The course includes seminars, exercises, case studies and presentations. The course is conducted in English. Full competence in English, written and spoken is an essential requirement.
Who should attend?
- Sustainability professionals within the timber or timber product industries
- Personnel employed at sites looking to apply the FSC COC Standard
- Those seeking accreditation as an FSC COC auditor, consultant or trainer
- People managing sustainable supply chains interested in working with their suppliers to implement a forestry chain of custody system
- Delegates may also like to attend the PEFC lead auditor training course (link)
Delegates must have completed all of the pre-course requirements before attending the courses:
- Have attended a recognized lead auditor course
- Completed Module one – Background to FSC and Chain of Custody certification (approx. five-six hours):
- Completed Module two – Guidelines for the correct use of trademark and logo regulations, including the FSC on-line course (Approx. two hours)
- Read Getting Started with Chain of Custody – Book provided.
- Read the appropriate FSC standards.
BM TRADA provides a range of training courses. Our training portfolio includes timber, fire, management systems, chain of custody, sustainable supply chain and business training.
Download our Training Booking Form.
Training Terms and Conditions
Read the Training Terms and Conditions.
Download our current Training Course Directory to discover more about our wide range on offer.
Articles and Blogs
Access our library of technical articles and blogs to help you better understand our services and how we can help you.