BM TRADA is an international certification body accredited by major accreditation bodies including United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS), ASI, ENAC, ENAS, TURKAK, LATAK, OAA and ANSI.
United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) accreditation
UKAS is the only government recognized accreditation body in the UK to measure certification bodies against internationally recognized standards, ensuring the certification body is fit for purpose.
Under EU legislation, every country has a single National Accreditation Body (NAB), responsible for the independent assessment of organisations that oﬀer testing, calibration, inspection and certiﬁcation services. UKAS has been the UK’s NAB since it was formed in 1995. Its role is to check that providers of certiﬁcation, testing, inspection and calibration services are meeting a required standard of performance. By eﬀectively checking the checkers, the process of accreditation determines the technical competence and integrity of companies’ oﬀering these services.
The assessment criteria used by UKAS are recognized as the best indicators of accurate, impartial and consistent performance. During each of their visits to us we have to demonstrate we are technically competent, our staff are suitably qualified and our working practices are fit for purpose.
By choosing a UKAS accredited certification body, you will know that the quality of service you buy is of a consistently high standard and will you will discover that the UKAS symbol on your documentation brings national and international recognition to your business.
BM TRADA is a UKAS accredited certification body for:
- ISO 9001 Quality management systems certification including National Highway Sector Schemes certification
- ISO 14001 Environmental management systems certification
- ISO 45001 and BS OHSAS 18001 Occupational health & safety management systems certification
- ISO 27001 Information security management systems certification
- ISO 50001 Energy management systems certification
- ISO 22000 Food safety management systems certification
- ISO 17065 Product conformity certification including; PEFC Chain of Custody scheme. Notified Body under the Construction Products Regulation.
- Technical Assessment Body (TAB) for developing European Assessment documents (EADs)
- ISO 17024 Personnel certification.
BM TRADA is UKAS accredited certification body for the PEFC Chain of Custody scheme.
Accreditation Services International (ASI) accreditation
Accreditation Services International (ASI) GmbH – is an assurance partner for leading sustainability standard systems and initiatives around the world. ASI is the sole accreditation body for social and environmental standards systems including Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®) and the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO).
As an international organisation with a focus on environmental sustainability, ASI’s expertise ensures that certification to these schemes is conducted with competence and consistency. It is the delegated accreditation body which operates the FSC Accreditation Program on behalf of the FSC, according to international standards and based on the specific requirements of the FSC Certification Scheme.
ASI is also the appointed accreditation body of the RSPO to manage and implement the accreditation programme of its certification scheme and advance the integrity of its certification process.
BM TRADA is an ASI accredited certification body for both FSC Chain of Custody and RSPO supply chain schemes. We have been accredited by ASI for the FSC Scheme since 18 May 2000 and for RSPO since 6 October 2013.
America National Standards Institute (ANSI)
Product Certification Body
ANSI provides accreditation in accordance with ISO/IEC 17065 for product certification programs - including Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI®) Chain of Custody scopes - to ensure that the marketplace can gain confidence for their activities.
BM TRADA Certification North America is an ANSI accredited certification body for the SFI Chain of Custody certification and SFI Fiber Sourcing certification scopes for secondary processors.
Why choose an accredited certification body?
There are several reasons why you should use an accredited certification body:
- It takes away the guesswork, so you can be more confidence about the service you will receive
- It is often stipulated by specifiers, especially in the public sector
- It is recognized throughout the world
- It helps you stand out, showing credible evidence of good practice
- It shows due diligence in the event of legal action.