This is a one day course, delivered at a date and venue of your choice.
A CPD certified 'on the road' seminar day.
Fire door design, installation and maintenance are crucial to safeguarding the well-being of vulnerable hospital patients, their visitors and health service staff.
This on-the-road seminar day is designed specifically for the health sector. BM TRADA will present an overview of fire door design, manufacture, testing, installation and maintenance.
This course is based on our popular fire doors explained, but makes special reference to issues important to the health sector - particularly smoke control - and includes a site tour and discussion based on the course content.
Fire doors explained for the health sector training course deatils
Background to regulatory requirements including:
- The role of fire doors in progressive horizontal evacuation (Fire code - fire safety in the NHS (HTM 05-02)) and the effect of the RRFSO
- Anatomy of fire resistant doorsets
- Installation and maintenance of fire doors
- Fire testing and the role of assessments
- Third-party certification
- DVD demonstration of a fire door test
- Site tour and discussion.
This course has been designed for:
- Facilities and estate managers
- Fire officers
- Building contractors and installers.
Who should attend?
All those working in NHS Trusts, health sector companies or their suppliers, who need to understand, manage, specify, install and maintain fire doors.
To inquire about this course or get a quotation please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 01494 840 779
Other Fire Training
Find out more about the range of fire training we offer which could help your organization win and retain more customers.
Download our current Training Course Directory to discover more about our wide range on offer.
Download our Training Booking Form.
Articles and Blogs
Access our library of technical articles and blogs to help you better understand our services and how we can help you.