This is a one day course designed to address the needs of scaffolding companies and scaffolding contractors who will be expected to inspect and assess the condition of previously used scaffold boards.
The course will give you an understanding of the grading rules and provide advice on how to store boards correctly and to assess whether used boards should be re-issued or withdrawn from use.
Inspection of used scaffold boards course details
You should attend this course if you:
- Supply, hire and/or use old boards.
- Specifications including dimensions and tolerances
- Comprehensive descriptions of defects in softwood
- An understanding of the BS 2482: 2009 grading principles
- Evaluation methods
- Full description of the grading rules
- Issuing scaffold boards to site
- Correct methods of storage
- Inspection techniques.
This course also includes:
- Practical exercises
- A short written test.