£420 + VAT
£375 + VAT (TRADA members)
Duration - Two days
A two day refresher course aimed at any graders whose registration to the Q-Mark VSG Scheme has lapsed for two years or more. This provides an overview of the subject and takes place in the last two days of the visual strength grading - softwood course.
Visual Strength Grading Softwood refresher course
You should attend this course if your registration to the Visual Strength Grading Q-Mark Scheme has lapsed for two years or more.
- Review of grading rules
- Species recognition with practical exercises
- Timed grading exercises for long length grading to both GS and SS
- Mock examination including grading long lengths, drawing knot plots and timber
- Species identification under timed conditions.
The course also includes:
- Practical exercises
- A written test.
During the course, 3m lengths of timber will be handled on a daily basis. Please ensure all delegates bring suitable clothing such as Hi-Vis vest/jacket and protective safety/footwear. Delegates must also be aware of the correct manual handling techniques.
Course dates in 2019
- 2 - 3 May - Horse Trust, Speen
- 4 - 5 July - Horse Trust, Speen
- 19 - 20 September - Horse Trust, Speen
- 14 - 15 November - Horse Trust, Speen
BM TRADA provides a range of training courses. Our training portfolio includes timber, fire, management systems, chain of custody, sustainable supply chain and business training.
Download our Training Booking Form.
Download our current Training Course Directory to discover more about our wide range on offer.
Articles and Blogs
Access our library of technical articles and blogs to help you better understand our services and how we can help you.