Grading Scaffold Boards training course
This course is delivered in-house at your choice of location. Please contact us today to receive a personalised quote.
A practical three day course to grade scaffold boards set out in BS 2482:2009 'Specification for timber scaffold boards.'
You should attend this course if you grade, band and issue new scaffold boards.
Through classroom based interactive learning, practical days spent in the timber yard and a practical examination, this course will provide delegates with:
- An introduction to timber, including the uses of timber in structural applications
- An explanation of strength grading and the marking systems for scaffold boards
- An understanding of the responsibilities of the grader and the grading company
- The correct storage methods
- An introduction to the natural growth characteristics of wood using hand held samples
- Practical exercises to learn how to grade scaffold boards
- Formal practical based exam
The course also includes:
- Practical exercises
- A written test
During the course, 3m lengths of timber will be handled on a daily basis.
Please ensure all delegates bring suitable clothing such as Hi-Vis vest/jacket and protective safety/footwear.
Delegates must also be aware of the correct manual handling techniques.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES, PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
BM TRADA provides a range of training courses. Our training portfolio includes timber, fire, management systems, chain of custody, sustainable supply chain and business training.
Download our Training Booking Form.
Download our current Training Course Directory to discover more about our wide range on offer.
Articles and Blogs
Access our library of technical articles and blogs to help you better understand our services and how we can help you.
Visual Strength Grading Training Booking Form
Download the Training Booking Form for all Visual Strength Grading courses - this covers both Hardwood and Softwood courses.