£260 + VAT
£235 + VAT (TRADA members)
Course + Eurocode span tables 4th edition publication
£280 + VAT
£255 + VAT (TRADA Members)
Duration - One day
This one day workshop gives an introduction to the concepts of Eurocodes, comparing and contrasting the BS 5268 design approach and the Eurocodes (EC5) limit state design philosophy. Examples are used throughout the day to give essential guidance to designing to EC5.
Printed worked examples will be distributed free of charge on the day and will serve as invaluable future references. For those who require more advanced training then 'Eurocode 5: Connections' may be of interest.
Eurocode 5: The Essentials course details
You should attend this course if you are:
- An engineer
- An engineering technician
- Interested in the design and/or checking of timber structures to EC5.
The course covers:
- Introduction to base and loadings Eurocodes
- Introduction to BS EN 1995 (Eurocode 5, timber design)
- Material properties, introductions to BS EN 338 (solid timber), BS EN 1194 (glulam), BS EN 12369 (panel products) etc
- Design of flexural members: bending, sheer and bearing
- Tensile members
- Compression members
- Introduction to connections (section 8 of Eurocode 5 and BS En 14592)
Course dates in 2019
- 22 May - BM TRADA, High Wycombe
BM TRADA provides a range of training courses. Our training portfolio includes timber, fire, management systems, chain of custody, sustainable supply chain and business training.
Download our Training Booking Form.
Download our current Training Course Directory to discover more about our wide range on offer.
Articles and Blogs
Access our library of technical articles and blogs to help you better understand our services and how we can help you.