The BM TRADA Q-Mark window general performance certification scheme provide assurance that the windows installed on site meet the same high standards as those tested and therefore offer the same performance criteria.
The BM TRADA Q-Mark window general performance certification scheme was introduced as an entry level certification scheme covering windows produced to British Standards for most of the common material types.
The Q-Mark window general performance certification scheme certifies products for the material specific product standard and is the starting point for manufacturers to achieve certification in the Q-Mark enhanced security window scheme.
- Timber windows to BS 644
- PVC-U windows to BS 7412
- Aluminium windows to BS 4873
- Steel windows to BS 6510
- Composite material windows
- Window hardware (for proving ability to comply with the test standards).
All the above types of products must pass initial type testing to:
- BS 6375-1: Performance of windows and doors. Classification for weather tightness and guidance on selection and specification
- BS 6375-2: Performance of windows and doors. Classification for operation and strength characteristics and guidance on selection and specification.
Achieving BM TRADA Q-Mark certification involves initial type testing and factory production control audits. Maintaining certification involves periodic audit testing and factory production control audits.
The benefits of becoming certified to the Q-Mark window general performance certification:
- Helps generate new business by enabling you to tender for the increasing number of projects that specify third party certification of window manufacturers
- Helps generate repeat business because it enhances your reputation for quality which in turn leads to customer loyalty
- Membership is voluntary and as such it provides a clear demonstration of your commitment to quality
- You continue to benefit as levels of awareness of the scheme and the demand for third party certification continues
- You benefit from association with BM TRADA, widely recognized and accepted as a leading provider of third party certification.
BM TRADA provides a range of training courses. Our training portfolio includes timber, fire, management systems, chain of custody, sustainable supply chain and business training.
Download our Training Booking Form.
Training Terms and Conditions
Read the Training Terms and Conditions.
Articles and Blogs
Access our library of technical articles and blogs to help you better understand our services and how we can help you.
Download our current Training Course Directory to discover more about our wide range on offer.