The BM TRADA Q-Mark flat glass certification scheme was introduced as a third party certification scheme for Thermally Toughened safety glass to comply with the requirements of EN 12150 through Initial type testing, FPC audits and ongoing witness testing and FPC audits:
- BS EN 12150-1: Glass in building. Thermally toughened soda lime silicate safety glass. Definition and description
- BS EN 12150-2: Glass in building. Thermally toughened soda lime silicate safety glass. Evaluation of conformity/product standard.
By achieving and maintaining the BM TRADA Q-Mark flat glass certification you will satisfy the requirements of the Construction Products Regulation (CPR) and be able to make a declaration of conformity and CE mark your products.
Achieving certification involves initial type testing and factory production control audits. Maintaining certification involves periodic witnessed audit testing and factory production control audits.
Benefits of the Q-Mark flat glass certification scheme:
- Helps generate new business by enabling you to tender for the increasing number of projects that specify third party certification
- Helps generate repeat business because it enhances your reputation for quality which in turn leads to customer loyalty
- Third party certification is voluntary and as such it provides a clear demonstration of your commitment to quality
- You continue to benefit as levels of awareness of the BM TRADA Q-Mark and the demand for third party certification increases
- Association with BM TRADA, widely recognized as a leading provider of third party certification.
BM TRADA provides a range of training courses. Our training portfolio includes timber, fire, management systems, chain of custody, sustainable supply chain and business training.
Articles and Blogs
Access our library of technical articles and blogs to help you better understand our services and how we can help you.