Modern methods of timber frame construction were introduced into the UK in the 1960s and are a fully accepted method of building. There are now many examples of multi-storey timber frame buildings of six or seven storeys across the UK, and use of timber frame continues to grow as a mainstream construction method for dwellings and medium-rise buildings.
This is because timber frame offers a range of benefits, including the potential for excellent energy efficiency, fast completion (consequently reducing site work), and economic use of materials, all of which are maximised when off-site prefabrication is utilised.
13 October 2022 · 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM BST
Introduction to timber frame with Robin Lancashire, Senior Timber Frame Consultant, BM TRADA
- What type of buildings can be constructed using timber frame?
- Why should I consider using it for my next project?
- How is it designed and built?
- How does it meet current building regulations?
- How can BM TRADA help me?
20 October 2022 · 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM BST
Dos and don'ts of timber frame with Lewis Taylor, Senior Timber Frame Consultant, BM TRADA
- Make the right design choices when specifying timber frame
- Learn common site mistakes and how to spot them
- Understand key terminology to help with construction
- Help deliver better performing buildings for the future
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.