£395 + VAT (non-residential)
Duration - One day
BM TRADA provides Alliance for Water Stewardship (AWS) foundation and advanced training for sustainability and water management professionals or specialist service providers.
The AWS foundation and advanced training one-day course is accredited and recognized by AWS and will equip water management and sustainability professionals with the knowledge they need to implement or promote water stewardship in their operations.
The course satisfies the structured training requirements to meet the Level 1 and 2 requirements for professionals seeking accreditation as an AWS accredited auditor, consultant or trainer.
AWS accredited foundation and advanced training course
The course includes seminars, exercises, audit case studies and presentations. The course is conducted in English.
Full competence in English, written and spoken is an essential requirement.
We are partnering with the AWS Global Forum for this course, please find out more about it here
AWS accredited foundation and advanced training in the AWS standard
To inquire about this course, dates and venues please contact:
At the end of the course delegates will have greater understanding of:
- How water stewardship can be situated within an overall suite of policy options for water management.
- Key elements of stewardship systems and how these are implemented in the AWS system.
- Utilizing various risk and conformity tools within a water stewardship system.
- How water stewardship is being applied in various organisations and sectors
- The criteria, indicators and intent of each step of the AWS Standard and how to navigate the glossary and guidance material associated with the AWS Standard
- How the AWS Standard can be applied in various different contexts.
- The processes for verification of conformity with the AWS Standard.
- The support available for water stewardship projects and compliance requirements
- The relationship between the AWS Standard and other water management and sustainability initiatives.
Who should attend?
- Sustainability professionals, major water users, the water and wastewater industry, catchment mangers and water policy makers.
- Personnel employed at water using sites looking to apply the AWS Standard
- Those seeking accreditation as an AWS auditor, consultant or trainer
- Staff from water and natural resources management agencies interested in working with sites to implement good water stewardship
- People managing sustainable supply chains interested in working with their suppliers to manage water issues and risks.
BM TRADA provides a range of training courses. Our training portfolio includes timber, fire, management systems, chain of custody, sustainable supply chain and business training.
Download our Training Booking Form.
Download our current Training Course Directory to discover more about our wide range on offer.
Training Terms and Conditions
Read the Training Terms and Conditions.
Articles and Blogs
Access our library of technical articles and blogs to help you better understand our services and how we can help you.