What is a Q-mark?
The Q-Mark scheme was established to encourage quality and best practice specifically in the timber and construction sector. The scheme’s aims are to enhance the product and service and standards of organizations.
Specifiers want greater confidence in a product than simply a manufacturer's declaration. They want evidence from a reliable independent source to confirm that the product has been properly tested and is manufactured to a consistently high standard.
An organization with a Q-Mark certification has the confidence of customers because its products or services are audited by a third party certification body. This helps to ensure quality excellence on an on-going basis, and sets product or service standards above that of its competitors. Product certification is the ultimate endorsement of a product's performance. In turn this will lead to more business.
The benefits of gaining a Q-Mark include:
- Builds credibility in the manufacturer, installer, or maintainer of a performance critical product
- Gives confidence and peace of mind that the quality of the product, installation and on-going maintenance will be consistent at all times
- Helps to reduce the risk of product failure
- Helps specifiers make commercially sound decisions in performance critical products, their installation and on-going maintenance
- It is a recognizable and widely accepted quality standard.
Q-Mark is the product certification scheme for building and construction products and is regarded as one of the most rigorous certification processes available.
A Q-Mark is obtained through BM TRADA which is one of the UK’s leading providers of independent third party certification. BM TRADA is a United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) accredited certification body giving you confidence in working with us.