The Benefits of Q Mark Certification
What is independent third party certification?
Independent third party certification is the highest form of endorsement a product can achieve and is being increasingly specified by architects, contractors, local authorities, facilities managers and procurement managers. In addition, its contribution and its importance have been widely accepted for some time by a number of recognised bodies. Third party certification of Doors & Windows is a mandatory requirement for Secured by Design (SBD), whilst Approved Document B makes it clear that this is the preferred route for demonstrating performance of Fire Doors.
To attain third party certification, a manufacturer and their product will have to undergo a rigorous audit and testing process, ensuring that they have in place documented product specifications, installation instructions, and a factory production control system, all of which integrate with an approved Quality Management Scheme such as ISO 9001.
The benefits of specifying independent third party certification:
• Consistency of product quality at all times
• Independent verification of product quality
• Ensures the product is fit for its intended purpose
• Ensures the product is safe to use
• Mitigates against the risk of product failure
• A commercially sound investment
BM TRADA Q MARK
BM TRADA Q-Mark is the brand name applied to the scheme operated by BM TRADA Certification, one of the UK’s foremost certification bodies with over 35 years experience and accredited by UKAS since 1991.
BM TRADA Q-Mark is a quality mark for a product, identifying it as having been assessed against specified performance levels through independent accredited tests. It also shows that every product manufactured will offer the same level of performance through integration with an approved Quality Management Scheme. Continuous performance and production are also checked through regular audit testing and inspections.
Why specify BM TRADA Q-Mark certification?
• One of the UK’s leading providers of independent third party certification
• A recognised and widely accepted quality standard
• Independently accredited by United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS)
• Experts in the field of doors, windows, glass and fire resistant products
• Rigorous eligibility and on-going membership criteria
• Audits conducted by full-time customer specific auditors with a manufacturing background
• Consistency in auditing procedures across multiple manufacturing sites
• Regular factory audits conducted to ensure consistency in product manufacture
• Regular sample testing to ensure consistency in product quality
• Continuous review process to ensure scheme operates to highest standards
To be confident that the product you specify will perform as expected, make sure you include the following clause in your specification:
All (product type) must be fully manufactured and installed under the appropriate BM TRADA Q-Mark scheme
If you would like to find out more about product marking including the new UKCA mark or request a quote, please contact us.