Assessment of desired performance life and provision of remedial recommendations for wood coatings & treatments.
BM TRADA has a wealth of experience in diagnostic work in wood coatings and treatments determining the causes of coating failures and wood decay on exterior joinery including cladding. We can provide advice on optimum wood treatments and schedules in order to achieve a desired performance life and are able to advise on specific remedial and/or preventative strategies to help extend the performance life of wood joinery.
Our wood coating and treatments services in this area more typically involve carrying out a site inspection followed by more detailed diagnostic laboratory work.
BM TRADA wood coating and treatment services include the following:
- Determination of dry film thickness to establish coating loadings achieved and verification of number of coats applied
- Provision of advice on the adequacy of the coating application and /or the coating specification used
- Determination for the presence of wood preservative treatment
- Diagnostic investigations into the cause or causes of blistering, coating de-lamination, staining disfigurement and other in-service coating issues
- Provision of guidance on the selection of appropriate coatings, wood treatments, and sealants to extend the lifespan of wood joinery
- Provision of advice on appropriate and cost-effective remedial strategies in the event of coating failures
We can provide authoritative consultancy support in the resolution of disputes and have represented a range of commercial and private clients in the past. However, operators are required to undertake measures designed to check whether timber / timber products they ‘handle’ is legal to comply with the EUTR. Operators are required to undertake due diligence either by developing their own due diligence system (DDS) or using one provided by a third-party.
Our experts provide a range of courses from structural timber design through to designing with Eurocode 5.
BM TRADA provides a range of training courses. Our training portfolio includes timber, fire, management systems, chain of custody, sustainable supply chain and business training.
Download our Training Booking Form.
Training Terms and Conditions
Read the Training Terms and Conditions.
Download our current Training Course Directory to discover more about our wide range on offer.
Articles and Blogs
Access our library of technical articles and blogs to help you better understand our services and how we can help you.