Demonstrates competence in the installation of fire stopping products.
Where services such as water, gas, electrics or communications penetrate through a building’s fire resistant compartment lines, it is vitally important to ensure that the hole is appropriately sealed with a suitable fire stopping solution. Both the Building Regulations and the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order (RRFSO) require that the person fitting fire-stopping products is competent to do so and third party certification is the accepted means of demonstrating competency.
The BM TRADA Q-Mark fire stopping installation scheme is based on training an individual who takes responsibility for the training and work carried out by a number of operatives. The scheme is designed to ensure that fire stopping solutions are being fitted correctly, in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Q-Mark fire stopping installation scheme benefits:
- Provides installers with a strong competitive advantage enabling you to provide proof of the quality of your installation work
- Shows due diligence on your part by demonstrating that your installation work enables the product to continue to meet fire resistance requirements
- Provides confidence to building owners, specifiers and the responsible person that fire compartment lines have been properly sealed
- Helps generate new business by enabling you to tender for the increasing number of projects that specify third party certification
- Helps generate repeat business because it enhances your reputation for quality which in turn leads to customer loyalty
- Membership is voluntary and as such it provides a clear demonstration of an installer’s commitment to quality
- You continue to benefit as levels of awareness of the BM TRADA Q-Mark scheme and the demand for third-party certification of installers continues
- You benefit from association with BM TRADA, widely recognized and accepted as a leading provider of third-party certification.
BM TRADA provides a range of training courses. Our training portfolio includes timber, fire, management systems, chain of custody, sustainable supply chain and business training.
Download our Training Booking Form.
Training Terms and Conditions
Read the Training Terms and Conditions.
Articles and Blogs
Access our library of technical articles and blogs to help you better understand our services and how we can help you.
Download our current Training Course Directory to discover more about our wide range on offer.