The Q-Mark enhanced security window certification scheme provide reassurance that your windows are consistently manufactured to a high quality that will satisfy Secured by Design standards.
A fundamental performance characteristic of a window is its ability to resist forced entry and poor or inconsistent quality in the manufacture of a window can result in its security performance being seriously compromised.
The Q-Mark enhanced security window certification scheme supports the testing requirements for Secured by Design (SBD), the initiative to reduce crime on housing developments by incorporating crime prevention measures at the design stage. Independent third party certification is a current requirement for ground floor windows in all SBD developments.
Certification to the enhanced security windows scheme means you can show that your products meet stringent security standards and are manufactured to a consistent quality.
Benefits of the Q-Mark enhanced security window certification scheme:
- Helps generate new business by enabling you to tender for the increasing number of projects that specify third party certification of door manufacturers
- Helps generate repeat business because it enhances your reputation for quality which in turn leads to customer loyalty
- Enables you to meet the requirements of Secured by Design projects
- Third party certification is voluntary and as such it provides a clear demonstration of your commitment to quality
- You continue to benefit as levels of awareness of the BM TRADA Q-Mark and the demand for third party certification increases
- Association with BM TRADA, widely recognized and accepted as a leading provider of third party certification.
Visit our certified company list to find suppliers of BM TRADA certified products or services.
Testing is provided by Element Materials Technology, which BM TRADA is part of. Learn more about our Door and Window Testing Services.
BM TRADA provides a range of training courses. Our training portfolio includes timber, fire, management systems, chain of custody, sustainable supply chain and business training.
Articles and Blogs
Access our library of technical articles and blogs to help you better understand our services and how we can help you.