Demonstrate competence in the installation of fire doors.
There is a legal requirement for manufacturers of fire doors to demonstrate the ability of their products to resist the passage and spread of fire. However, if they are not properly installed, their fire resistance capabilities can be seriously compromised. The Q-Mark Fire Door Installation scheme has been designed to provide reassurance to specifiers, contractors and end users that the product they have chosen has been installed correctly and that it should perform as intended.
The BM TRADA Q-Mark Fire Door Installation scheme is based on training an individual who takes responsibility for the training and work carried out by a number of operatives. The scheme is designed to ensure that fire doorsets are being installed correctly, in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions or appropriate guidelines.
What the scheme aims to achieve:
- raise the on-going standard of installation of fire doors
- ensure the product’s fire resistance capabilities are maintained
- ensure the product’s service life is maximized through correct installation
- provide peace of mind that the Installer is suitably qualified and that their work is continually assessed by an independent body
- provide specifiers with the means to demonstrate that the installation meets the required standard.
Q-Mark fire door installation certification scheme benefits:
- provides installers with a strong competitive advantage enabling you to provide proof of the quality of your installation work
- helps generate new business by enabling you to tender for the increasing number of projects that specify third party certification of fire door installers
- helps generate repeat business because it enhances your reputation for quality which in turn leads to customer loyalty
- shows due diligence on your part by demonstrating that your installation work enables the product to continue to meet fire resistance requirements
- membership is voluntary and as such it provides a clear demonstration of an installer’s commitment to quality
- you continue to benefit as levels of awareness of the BM TRADA Q-Mark scheme and the demand for third party certification of installers continues
- you benefit from association with BM TRADA, widely recognized and accepted as a leading provider of third party certification