Meet retailers' time-bound plans for certified sustainable palm oil production with RSPO supply chain certification.
Palm oil sustainability
Palm oil production has increased rapidly in recent years, along with concern over the sustainability of its cultivation and the impacts on local populations and eco-systems.
As the need to prove the sustainability of palm oil becomes more important, manufacturers and retailers want to ensure that the claims they make on their products will stand up to scrutiny adhering to the RSPO principles and criteria. RSPO sustainable palm oil certification offers this assurance.
RSPO sustainable palm oil certification
Supply chain certification is the unbroken path which products take from source to consumer, including all stages of refining, manufacture, processing, transportation and distribution. As such it ensures that your product comes from where you say it comes from.
RSPO certification ensures that your supply chain is secure and traceable and provides credible evidence of your product’s sustainability.
RSPO supply chain models
There are three supply chain models that can be used within the RSPO system:
- Identity preserved – traceable back to the originating palm oil mill and its supply base
- Segregation – physical isolation from non-certified palm oil sources and allows mixing with other certified palm oil
- Mass Balance – allows mixing of certified and non-certified palm oil in a controlled environment, ensuring that the volume of certified palm outputs never exceed the certified inputs.
Who needs RSPO certification?
Certification is applicable to all food and non-food products that use palm oil and palm oil derivatives. It provides evidence that the product originates from well-managed, certified sources and verifies that they are not mixed with products from non-certified sources, at any point in the supply chain, except under strict management controls within the Mass Balance system.
The benefits of RSPO sustainable palm oil certification
RSPO certification will bring significant benefits to your organisation. It will:
- Demonstrate your commitment to environmental practices
- Meet the expectations of major manufacturers and retailers, many of whom have time-bound commitments to the use of sustainable palm oil in their products
- Helps your organization gain access to new markets.
Services and Information
Find out about the training courses that BM TRADA offers for RSPO.
RSPO Distributors License Guidance
RSPO Rule for Physical Transition
RSPO Rules on Market Communications
RSPO Supply Chain Certification Standard
RSPO Traders Guidance
Other Sustainable Supply Chain Certification
Find out more about the range of sustainable supply chain certification provided by BM TRADA
BM TRADA provides a range of training courses. Our training portfolio includes timber, fire, management systems, chain of custody, sustainable supply chain and business training.
Download our Training Booking Form.
Training Terms and Conditions
Read the Training Terms and Conditions.
Articles and Blogs
Access our library of technical articles and blogs to help you better understand our services and how we can help you.
Download our current Training Course Directory to discover more about our wide range on offer.