BM TRADA Forest Products certification schemes and verification programmes
Forest products chain of custody certification for forest products that are not FSC™ or PEFC™ certified.
About the BM TRADA Forest Products scheme
BM TRADA has developed its own chain of custody scheme that recognizes that there are certification schemes and forest management initiatives operating in various parts of the world where currently there is no route to market for products because of the absence of independent verification of chain of custody.
As part of the development process some of these initiatives may have undergone verification by independent forestry consultants to determine if they would comply, for example, with the UK Government’s Timber Procurement Policy for timber products that are “legal and progressing towards sustainability”.
BM TRADA has developed a scheme that seeks to support such initiatives and provide unaccredited certification under our Forest Products scheme.
Schemes and forest products recognized by BM TRADA Forest Products certification:
BM TRADA Forest Products certification schemes:
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
- Malaysian Timber Certification Council (MTTC)
Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) BM TRADA Forest Products verification programmes:
- Bureau Veritas Origin & Legality Du Bois (OLB)
- Certisource Programme
- Forest Law Enforcement Governance and Trade (FLEGT)
- Rainforest Alliance Standard for Verification of Legal Origin
- Rainforest Alliance Standard for Verification of Legal Compliance
- Rainforest Alliance Smartstep Programme
- SGS Timber Legality and Traceability Verification Programme (TLTV)
- SGS Mandatory Legal Timber Validation Programme (MLTV)
- SGS Voluntary Legal Timber Validation Programme (VLTV)
- SVLK Timber Legality Assurance System (TLAS)
- The Forest Trust Members Programme
- Wood Tracking Program (WTP) and Legal Verification Services (LVS)
BM TRADA provides a range of training courses. Our training portfolio includes timber, fire, management systems, chain of custody, sustainable supply chain and business training.
Download our Training Booking Form.
Training Terms and Conditions
Read the Training Terms and Conditions.
Articles and Blogs
Access our library of technical articles and blogs to help you better understand our services and how we can help you.
Download our current Training Course Directory to discover more about our wide range on offer.