Independent guidance on issues of installation & identifying potential problem areas before they become a costly in-service issue
Diagnostic work on performance, aesthetic and structural issues of timber flooring in domestic, industrial and residential applications
Wood flooring consultancy
BM TRADA provides independent technical services on the adequacy of proposed systems of flooring installation. We provide advice on issues of installation and identify and advise on potential problem areas before they become a costly in-service issue.
We are well-placed to comment and advise on issues of floor specification and are routinely engaged in an expert capacity in providing consultancy support in the resolution of legal disputes.
Our range of activities in timber flooring consultancy include:
- Guidance on specification and installation practices including advice on fixing and gluing
- Advice and guidance on the expected levels of in-service movement in relation to expected climatic conditions and seasonal variations
- Guidance on species selection and floor covering construction
- Advice on underfloor heating systems and optimal commissioning regimes
- Slip-resistance testing to evaluate the slip potential to pedestrian traffic of flooring and decking systems.
We have published a professional guide on the installation of wood flooring.
Wood flooring inspection
We can undertake specialist site surveys on domestic and sports hall floors as well as industrial floors to diagnose in-service problems of movement and performance.
Our team of specialist consultants have expertise in various aspects of floor installation and design, enabling diagnostic work to be undertaken from performance-related, aesthetic or structural perspectives.
Typical site surveys may include:
- On-site hygrometric surveys of ambient conditions and sub-floor moisture
- On-site diagnostic surveys to determine the cause(s) of shrinkage, swelling and other forms of distortion (cupping, ridging, de-lamination etc)
- On-site diagnostic investigations into problems of in-service squeaking
- On-site quality monitoring of the adequacy of flooring installations and their compliance with best practice and standards guidance
- Commentary and advice on issues of visual quality and permissible defect levels in relation to consumer expectation
- Provision of expert witness advice in legal disputes.
Our experts provide a range of courses from structural timber design through to designing with Eurocode 5.
BM TRADA provides a range of training courses. Our training portfolio includes timber, fire, management systems, chain of custody, sustainable supply chain and business training.
Download our Training Booking Form.
Training Terms and Conditions
Read the Training Terms and Conditions.
Download our current Training Course Directory to discover more about our wide range on offer.
Articles and Blogs
Access our library of technical articles and blogs to help you better understand our services and how we can help you.