Expert witness service for all disputes involving timber and wood-based products
We provide an expert witness service for all disputes involving timber and wood-based products.
Our investigations are undertaken through document reviews, inspection of products in service and, where necessary, by testing in our internationally recognized accredited laboratories.
The work is carried out by our highly experienced technical consultants who will provide you with an independent Expert Witness Report, which complies with Part 35 of the Civil Procedure Rules. Our reports may be used for litigation, although they more frequently assist our clients in achieving settlement without the need to proceed to court.
Our timber expert witness services
We have experience in delivering the following services:
- Document review
- Site and laboratory investigations
- Trade descriptions and fitness for purpose investigations
- Personal injury and forensic investigations
- Preparation of Expert Witness Reports
- Giving evidence in court
We have experience with all timber products and uses, including:
- Timber structures and timber construction
- Timber framed buildings
- Preservative treated timber, fungal decay and insect attack
- Doors and windows
- Glulam beams
- Plywood and other engineered wood products
- Garden furniture
- Bridges and marine structures
- Helicopter pads and sports stadia
Other Timber Inspection Services
BM TRADA has a long history of providing consultancy on a wide range of timber products and services.
Articles and Blogs
Access our library of technical articles and blogs to help you better understand our services and how we can help you.
Our experts provide a range of courses from structural timber design through to designing with Eurocode 5.