BM TRADA’s expertise in timber design includes independent advice and guidance on how best to detail and specify timber in architectural, structural and other designs, such as landscaping. These details may be introduced into project drawings and materials specifications, for use by main contractors and sub-contractors.
Our timber design services
We can advise at the pre-design stage or during the design process itself, with key details relating to:
- Choice of appropriate species – strength, appearance and desired service life
- State-of-the-art performance-enhancing treatments
- Fixings and connectors – off-the-shelf and purpose-designed
- Composite beams/joists and wood-based panels
- Movement characteristics
- Drainage and ventilation
- Natural durability and wood preservation
We are able to assist you with the design and specification of:
- Internal joinery – doors and in-built feature joinery, such as wall paneling
- External joinery – doors, windows and architectural, glazed screens
- External cladding
We have extensive expertise with technical support for new designs and can assist with innovation, as well as refurbishment projects for existing buildings (including buildings where listed consent is a requirement).
Our experts provide a range of courses from structural timber design through to designing with Eurocode 5.
BM TRADA provides a range of training courses. Our training portfolio includes timber, fire, management systems, chain of custody, sustainable supply chain and business training.
Download our Training Booking Form.
Training Terms and Conditions
Read the Training Terms and Conditions.
Download our current Training Course Directory to discover more about our wide range on offer.
Articles and Blogs
Access our library of technical articles and blogs to help you better understand our services and how we can help you.