The UTZ certification scheme is chain of custody certification which provides trace-ability from farmer to final consumer.
About UTZ Certified
UTZ Certified is a program which protects the environment and farming communities whilst helping ensure long term sustainability of supply. It sets standards for the sustainable farming of cocoa, coffee and tea which assures:
- Safe and healthy working conditions protection of the environment
- No child labor
- Good agricultural practices
- Continually improved farm management practices.
The UTZ label demonstrates that your cocoa, coffee or tea can be traced from the grower to the final consumer product.
The certification system is based on a strict Code of Conduct – covering social and economic criteria for responsible farming – coupled with chain of custody requirements and an advanced track and trace system which links products back to certified growers.
UTZ chain of custody certification gives assurance of the integrity of the product through to its final delivery point.
Who needs UTZ Certified?
The UTZ certification is applicable to all companies in the supply chain that own and handle the product and want to make UTZ certified claims. It provides evidence that the product originates from well-managed, certified sources and verifies that they are not mixed with products from un-certified sources at any point in the supply chain except under strict management controls.
The benefits of UTZ certification
Having your chain of custody system independently certified by us gives your stakeholders confidence that you are committed to ensuring your supply chain protects the environment, local communities and long-term sustainability of supply.
Specifically, UTZ certification will:
- Meet the expectations of major manufacturers and retailers, many of whom include sustainable procurement practices in their corporate social responsibility policies and claims
- Meet the expectations of consumers regarding your commitment to responsible sourcing
- Improve your reputation and support your organisation’s claims about its sustainability and social responsibility credentials.
BM TRADA provides a range of training courses. Our training portfolio includes timber, fire, management systems, chain of custody, sustainable supply chain and business training.
Download our Training Booking Form.
Training Terms and Conditions
Read the Training Terms and Conditions.
Articles and Blogs
Access our library of technical articles and blogs to help you better understand our services and how we can help you.
Download our current Training Course Directory to discover more about our wide range on offer.